Mr. Wilson is a native of Placer County who has practiced in Roseville for more than 25 years. His experience includes business law and planning, estate planning and taxation, estate and trust administration, and litigation involving trust disputes and will contests. Mr. Wilson is a Certified Public Accountant and is certified by the State Bar of California as a Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law.
Mr. Wilson represents a broad constituency of individuals, private business owners, business executives, and land owners in all facets of estate planning, estate and trust administration, and related litigation.
- Preparation of revocable trusts, wills, durable powers of attorney and advanced health care directives
- Preparation of tax planning options, including irrevocable life insurance trusts, grantor trusts, qualified personal residence trusts (QPRTs), charitable remainder trusts (CRTs), charitable lead trusts (CLTs), special needs trusts, and charitable remainder trusts
- Taxation planning, including estate, income, and gift tax
- Advice and counsel on business succession planning, including formation of family limited partnerships and family limited liability companies
- Advice and counsel to Successor Trustees regarding trust funding and asset allocation, estate tax returns, and distribution of assets
- Representation of Trustees and Beneficiaries in trust disputes and will contests, including business and asset valuation disputes, breach of fiduciary duty claims, and undue influence claims
- In addition to his extensive estate planning and probate practice, Mr. Wilson also serves as general business counsel to a vast array of companies located in Placer County. As general counsel, Mr. Wilson represents them in a variety of business and real estate transactions, including entity formation, asset and entity purchases and sales, buy/sell agreements, shareholder and member agreements, options, tax-free exchanges, and leases. Because of his CPA background, Mr. Wilson is able to offer clients the experience and perspective of both an attorney and an accountant in evaluating business decisions, structuring and negotiating transactions, and conducting financial due diligence.
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES & AFFILIATIONS
- Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law
- Member, California State Bar
- Member, Nevada State Bar
- Board Member, Roseville Chamber of Commerce
- Board Member, Seniors First
- Member, Rotary Club of Granite Bay
- Founding Director, Rotary Club of Roseville Foundation
- Awarded, Paul Harris Fellowship by Rotary International
- Founding Director, Eureka Schools Foundation
- B.S. University of the Pacific, 1978
- J.D. University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, 1981
- LL.M., Taxation, University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, 1985